Support us by shopping for books on volunteering, travel and more on our Amazon.com site

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mary Donohue - House Manager and Volunteer


Hi everyone. My name’s Mary Donohue. I’m a current Para el Mundo (PaM) volunteer and the House Manager of the PaM house in Máncora, Peru. I’m going to be contributing a little something every week to the Voluntraveler blog to give everyone a little insight into life in Máncora. 

I’ve been living here since September 2008 and absolutely love it. I work with the Ministry of Health’s Dengue and Malaria Prevention Program that operates out of the local government-run health clinic. Because our work consists of inspecting people’s water deposits for signs of mosquito larvae, I have probably been in about 75% of the homes in town and have therefore gotten to meet tons of great people. 

The people in Máncora are wonderful and many have made me feel like part of the community. If anyone has any questions about volunteering, Máncora, living in Peru, or anything at all, please don’t hesitate to contact me by responding to my posts!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mary,

    We Are planning a trip to mancora, in early july. We are wondering, if we should bring malaria pills??? Is there any malaria risk in Mancora

    Regards Manon CANADA :)
    my adress e mail is manonl@lycos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary -

    My name is Scott and I am plannin on heading to Mancora Peru in July. I am looking for some Volunteer oportunities. Can you please email me when you get a chance. balto21@aol.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete